Click Here to View the Map in More Detail
Marathon USATF Certification Number NJ12034LMB
Click Here for the Certified Course Map
This year's course has fewer twists and turns! Miles 11 - 22 follow a double loop on Atlantic Ave. passing the Historic Landmark, 6 - Story High Lucy the Elephant.
All 2016 courses are out and back starting and finishing at Michigan Ave. on the Atlantic City Boardwalk in front of Bally's Casino Resort. Click the link above to view the Course Map. To view sections of the course in more detail, please click directly on the course and use the scroll option at the bottom of the page.
The AmeriHealth NJ Marathon & Half Marathon follow the same course for the first 11 miles.
The 10K & 5K are shown at the bottom of the Course Map.
- 5K Turn Around: Raleigh Ave. on the Boardwalk (Atlantic City)
- 10K Turn Around: Avolyn Ave. on the Boardwalk (Ventnor)
- Half Marathon Turn Around: Baton Rouge Ave. on the Boardwalk (Ventnor)
- Marathon Turn Around: on Atlantic Ave. (Longport)
Please note, runners complete Lap #1 beginning at mile 12 on Atlantic Ave. Continue to Marathon Turn Around at 28th Ave. in Longport. After Turn Around return to the Boardwalk just after Mile 17 on Washington Ave. Make a Left OFF the Boardwalk on New Haven Ave. This is the start of Lap #2 on Atlantic Ave. Continue to Marathon Turn Around at 28th Ave. in Longport. After Turn Around return to the Boardwalk at Mile 22.5 on Washington Ave. After entering the Boardwalk upon completion of Lap #2 runners continue to the finish line at Michigan Ave. on the Boardwalk... and CELEBRATE!
Water Station Locations
- Mile 1- On Bacharach Blvd. before Convention Center
- Mile 2.5 - Brigantine Blvd. after Connector Rd.
- Mile 4 – Behind Borgata on Service Rd.
- Mile 5.5 - Maryland Ave.
- Mile 7 – New Hampshire Ave.
- Mile 8.25 – New Jersey Ave./Boardwalk in front of Showboat
- Mile 10, 25.2 - Chelsea Ave./Boardwalk (2-way)
- Mile 11.5, 24 Surrey Ave/Boardwalk
- Mile 13.3, 16.6, 18.9, 22.2 Margate library (2-way)
- Mile 14.6 – 15.3, 20 33rd Ave./Longport tennis courts (2-way) Mile 17.8 on New Haven Ave. (after turn off of Boardwalk) (1-way)
Course Time Limit
The marathon course will be open for 6.5 hours (14.89 Min Per Mile) The half marathon course will be open for 3.5 hours (16 Min Per Mile).
The 5K and 10K are walker friendly, however the marathon and half marathon course have strict course limitations. We ask that all runners and walkers that register for this event are prepared to complete the marathon during the time restriction listed above.
Please indicate your anticipated finish time during registration.
Pick - Up Locations on Course
- Melrose Ave. in Atlantic City at 10K Split – 9:30AM CUT OFF
- Cornwall Ave. in Ventnor at Mile 12 Clock - 11:00AM CUT OFF
All runners must pass these locations by the times listed above. If you are not able to maintain this pace you will be asked to accept shuttle service to the finish area at Michigan Ave.
Water, Gatorade and First Aid will be available on the Boardwalk in the Finisher's area immediately after crossing the finish line. Basic first aid materials will be available. Emergency medical support will be in constant communication with Race Officials at the Start and Finish line and on course.