October 21, 2018
New Marathon Course this year!
Marathon USATF Certification Number NJ11020LMB
Half Marathon USATF Certification Number NJ11021LMB
All courses start and finish at Michigan Ave. on the Atlanthic City Boardwalk in front of Bally's Casino Resort. Click the link above to view the Course Map. To view sections of the course in more detail, please click directly on the course and use the scroll option at the bottom of the page.
The AmeriHealth NJ Marathon & Half Marathon follow the same course for the first 11 miles.
The 10K & 5K are shown at the bottom of the Course Map.
- 5K Turn Around: Raleigh Ave. on the Boardwalk (Atlantic City)
- 10K Turn Around: Avolyn Ave. on the Boardwalk (Ventnor)
- Half Marathon Turn Around: Baton Rouge Ave. on the Boardwalk (Ventnor)
- Marathon Turn Around: on Atlantic Ave. (Longport)
Water Station Locations
- Mile 1 - Bacharach Blvd. before Convention Center
- Mile 2.5 - Brigantine Blvd. after Connector Rd.
- Mile 4 - Borgata Service Rd.
- Mile 5.5 - Maryland Ave.
- Mile 7 - New Hampshire Ave.
- Mile 8.25 - New Jersey Ave. on the Boardwalk in front of Showboat
- Mile 10 & 25.2 - Chelsea Ave. on the Boardwalk (2-way)
- Mile 11.5 & 24 - Surrey Ave on the Boardwalk
- Mile 14.25 & 21.5 - Margate library (2-way)
- Mile 14.75 & 16.5 - 33rd Ave./Longport tennis courts (2-way)
- Mile 15.5 - 11th Ave. Longport
- Mile 17.5 & 20.5 - Monroe Ave.
- Mile 19 - Jerome Ave.
On Course Food
Energy gels will be served at the following Water Stations:
- Mile 7 - New Hampshire Ave. - Marathon & Half Marathon
- Mile 15.5 - 11th Ave. Longport - Marathon
- Mile 17.5 & 20.5 - Monroe Ave. - Marathon
- Mile 10 & 25.2 - Surrey Ave. on the Boardwalk (2-way)
On Boardwalk at Park Place in front of Korean War Memorial. All runners checking a bag must use a clear bag. One will be provided at the Sports & Fitness Expo. All runners must apply their bib Gear ticket to their bag.
We will be using chip timing with mats at the start and finish lines and the following points:
- 19 Mile
There will be timing clocks positioned throughout the course. Please note the clocks will start when the first runner cross the start line, reflecting the gun time. Your results will include your personal chip time and gun time.
Course Time Limit
The marathon course will be open for 6.5 hours (14.89 Min Per Mile) The half marathon course will be open for 4 hours and 15 minutes. (19 Min Per Mile)
The 5K and 10K are walker friendly, however the marathon and half marathon course have strict course limitations. We ask that all runners and walkers that register for this event are prepared to complete the marathon during the time restriction listed above.
Please indicate your anticipated finish time during registration.
Pick - Up Locations on Course
- Melrose Ave. in Atlantic City at 10K Split – 9:58 a.m. CUT OFF
- On Atlantic Ave. at Essex Ave. in Margate 13.1 Mile Clock - 11:15 a.m. CUT OFF
All runners must pass these locations by the times listed above. If you are not able to maintain this pace you will be asked to accept shuttle service to the finish area at Michigan Ave.
Water, Gatorade and First Aid will be available on the Boardwalk in the Finisher's area immediately after crossing the finish line. Basic first aid materials will be available.
Emergency medical support will be in constant communication with Race Officials at the Start and Finish line and on course.